Today officers of the Riverside Police Association continued a seventeen year tradition of buying Christmas gifts for needy children in our community. Over the past 17 years the Riverside Police Association has funded the project with approximately $20,000. This year we teamed up with the Riverside Fire Company, and members of both departments went shopping together this morning. Proceeds from the Police vs. Fire Dodgeball game funded this years project to sponsor thirteeen families. We would like to thank Walmart in Cinnaminson for their generous contribution and Catholic Charities for their donation of ShopRite gift cards. We are proud to protect and serve our community and are pleased to help Riverside children have a Merry Christmas. All the members of the Riverside Police Department wish you and yours a safe and happy holiday season!
Monday, December 19, 2016
Friday, December 16, 2016
Riverside Police Officers love to have kids stop by the station for a visit! Unfortunately, sometimes circumstances have our young friends here because there is no one to care for them. It is often stressful for children in those circumstances. With that in mind, we remodeled our lobby area to accommodate more adults and to entertain children. We increased our seating and added a television which displays public information such as the current the current, “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign, photos of the RPD in the community, upcoming events, etc. For older kids we added an Xbox video game console and Netflix. For our younger guests we added a small table and chairs, board games, coloring books and more.
We would like to thank the Riverside Police Officers that worked on this project. Thanks to their hard work, the labor costs for this project were not passed on to the residents of Riverside.
We hope that our efforts will provide everyone a more pleasant experience!
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
The Riverside Township Police Department has been approved for the 2016 Holiday Season "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" campaign!!
During the 2016 Holiday Season beginning December 9, 2016 and continuing through January 1, 2017 officers of the Riverside Township Police will be conducting proactive DWI Patrols.
The following information was made available by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Drunk driving is often a symptom of a larger problem: alcohol misuse and abuse.
- Alcohol-impaired motor vehicle crashes cost more than an estimated $37 billion annually.
- In 2012, more than 10,000 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes - one every 51 minutes.
- If you plan on drinking, plan not to drive.
- You should:
- Plan a safe way home in advance and never drive after drinking.
- Designate a sober driver.
- Use a taxi, call a sober friend or family member or use public transportation.
- Download NHTSA’s SaferRide mobile app (free from the iTunes store and GooglePlay), to easily call a taxi or a friend for a ride home. The app can also help you identify your location, if needed.
- Always wear your seat belt. It’s your best defense against impaired drivers.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments, questions or concerns regarding postings on this blog.