The Riverside Township Police Department has been approved for the 2016 Holiday Season "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" campaign!!
During the 2016 Holiday Season beginning December 9, 2016 and continuing through January 1, 2017 officers of the Riverside Township Police will be conducting proactive DWI Patrols.
The following information was made available by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Drunk driving is often a symptom of a larger problem: alcohol misuse and abuse.
- Alcohol-impaired motor vehicle crashes cost more than an estimated $37 billion annually.
- In 2012, more than 10,000 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes - one every 51 minutes.
- If you plan on drinking, plan not to drive.
- You should:
- Plan a safe way home in advance and never drive after drinking.
- Designate a sober driver.
- Use a taxi, call a sober friend or family member or use public transportation.
- Download NHTSA’s SaferRide mobile app (free from the iTunes store and GooglePlay), to easily call a taxi or a friend for a ride home. The app can also help you identify your location, if needed.
- Always wear your seat belt. It’s your best defense against impaired drivers.